Sunday 1 May 2011

ALL THE SINGLE LADIES, ALL THE SINGLE LADIES!!!



As I stood in the foyer awaiting the arrival of my friend Bronwen since her brilliant show footloose (posted below) I had the problem of the wandering eye as I caught sight of all the good looking chaps that had appeared in the show as dancers, singers and actors. It soon escalated to practically grabbing the lead actor, telling the other lead that he was hot (yes, he was scared) and getting a hug from one of the dancers! No doubt was that the icing on top of the cake!



But I suppose that all comes with the territory of being single, and girls, what a sweet life it really is. I mean, only a few months ago I was practically sad and mopey that I was single and missed all those hugs and kisses and long phonecalls to the boyfriend. I was dumped only seven months ago on my seventeenth by text! no doubt I was upset, angry, hurt, confused and couldn't stop crying. We weren't together that long but due to our friendship of five years that really put more salt in the wounds because we weren't from being friends to lovers and suddenly we are no longer on speaking terms. But I suppose I learnt my lesson, and that's not to get involved with your friends unless your really sure it's what you both want and need.



So, I moped around the place and tried to think of ways to get him back and call him my boy again, but all my strategies failed as he had moved on and I was frozen in time because I didn't know what to do. I missed him, I miss him now but when I think to myself "I would give anything to have him as my man again", I think to myself, "he dumped me on my birthday by text! what a sleaze", then suddenly life seems much better.



So, seven months on and no real attachments just flirts and giggles with handsome lads and let me tell you, it is great! It's better this way because no one really gets hurt and everyone wins somehow. Instead of staying in and listening to terrible love songs and crying, I am actually getting out and just being 17 and having so much fun! I mean, at least now I can focus on my own ambition and dreams rather than be pulled back and hurt over and over again. And believe me, I have been hurt way to effing much by people in the past. So, yes I am single, yes, it's fun and no, I don't want a boyfriend because love is a game, easy to start hard to finish!






Oh and my ex is a bastard.

No comments:

Post a Comment